Tuesday, June 10, 2008

9 June 08

>

> A long and eventful first day. First many thanks to Matthew and
> Scott at Bikes and Beyond in Portland. We shipped our bikes to them
> from Virginia and they helped us assemble and tune them. There were
> Many problems so thanks again guys.
>
> We started the day out right with blueberry pancakes in Astoria. A
> good way to celebrate one's birthday. Today was very cool and
> drizzly but the worst part was horrible traffic all day on route
> 30. I think RV drivers don't realize how big - and dangerous- they
> are.
>
> The big mishap was a half inch slice on my back tire - I hope the
> patch holds up until I can find a replacement in Portland.
>
> St. Helens is nothing amazing. I was looking forward to Oregon but
> so far, nothing special. Maybe you have to climb the cascade
> mountains to get the spectacular views. After today, I can tell you
> we're not quite ready for that. Just ask my knees!

No comments: