Monday, August 4, 2008

blog from Aug 2, 2008


August 2, 2008      Hindman, KY  Rode 48 miles

 

This morning Philip left to drive back to Richmond in order to seek medical treatment for his knees which are healing  very slowly.  At the same time Nancy is driving to Hindman to meet up with me for the remainder of the trip.   Philip has provided much needed support and encouragement all along the way.  It was a big disappointment for both of us that he could not ride.  He put as much effort into planning for this whole adventure as I did.  However, we have really enjoyed the time that we have had together and the many experiences and people that have presented themselves these past weeks. 

 

In Hindman I have set up camp at the Knott County historical Society B&B.  Actually the B&B is under renovation so the tent is required but the host, David Smith, is providing a home away from home.  The B&B is at the top of a VERY steep hill and once I reached the top - walking - he greeted me with a tall glass of iced tea.   Then he served a homemade lunch of on his patio.   Many cyclist who I have met along the way have mentioned this stop and gave it high marks.  I can see why.  

 

 


No comments: